Author Topic: PGC Press Conference  (Read 5335 times)

mudbrook

• Administrator
    • View Profile
PGC Press Conference
« on: February 28, 2018, 12:14:51 PM »
PGC CWD Press Conference

The Pennsylvania Game Commission is holding a press conference at 1 p.m. on Wednesday, Feb. 28 to announce a new chronic wasting disease management area that includes parts of Lancaster, Lebanon and Berks counties.

The press conference will be held in the auditorium at the Game Commission’s Harrisburg headquarters, 2001 Elmerton Ave. Several staff from the Game Commission will be on hand to answer questions within their areas of expertise, and a few will deliver prepared remarks. Representatives from the Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture and Pennsylvania Federation of Sportsmen’s Clubs also are scheduled to attend.

For media unable to attend, the press conference will be live-streamed on the Game Commission’s YouTube channel. However, attending the press conference provides the best opportunity to ask questions of the assembled experts. Following the press conference, there also will be a Facebook Live event, hopefully starting sharply at 2 p.m. This event serves to provide the same information about the new Disease Management Area to a different audience, so if you watch the press conference, I don’t expect you’ll get anything more by watching the Facebook Live event.  Originally, we planned for Game Commission Executive Director Bryan Burhans to appear on Facebook Live, but there’s been a change of plans and I will now be the one on camera.

Later in the afternoon, I will be putting out a news release and map of the new DMA.

I look forward to seeing you tomorrow. Let me know if I can be of any assistance.

« Last Edit: February 28, 2018, 12:16:28 PM by mudbrook »

Google
  Web http://www.pennsylvaniaoutdoor.com